Peaches are everywhere right now. They are sweet, juicy and in their prime. With all the special offers on punnets of peaches it would be criminal not to make the most of them. I stumbled across this recipe on the back of another that I had pulled out to keep, and since the weather has been so good of late, I decided to give it a go. Wow! I loved it! This frozen yoghurt is beautiful, tasty, refreshing and healthy. The only change I made to the recipe originally from My Waitrose Magazine, July 2014 was to double the amount of basil. I believe that if an ingredient is in the title, you should be able to taste it and for me, the basil is what makes the recipe special. I also used 0% fat yoghurt as that is what I had in the fridge and it tasted delicious.
700g peaches (about 7 peaches)
5-6 tablespoons honey
175g Greek yoghurt (I used 0% fat)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 basil leaves (I used double the amount as I really wanted the basil to come through).
· Put the peaches into a food processor with a pinch of salt, 5 tablespoons of honey and the remaining ingredients.
· Whiz until totally smooth, then taste and add a little more honey if needed.
· Use a flexible spatula to push the mixture through a fine sieve.
· Put in a freezer proof container and freeze for 8 hours or until solid.
· Blitz in the food processor again until smooth.
· Eat immediately or freeze for another hour to firm up a little.